Stay Up to Date! Like us on Facebook for the latest news and announcements
"Love Life, Dream Big, Be Positive."
The Make A Film Foundation and Stacy and Ari Goldberg have done an amazing thing for the Mito community, launching "The Magic Bracelet" around the country.
"The Magic Bracelet" fulfills the final wish of Rina Goldberg, who lost her valiant battle with mitochondrial disease at the age of 15. Among her final words to her mom: "Promise to take care of my film."
The film stars Bailee Madison ("Parental Guidance"), Hailee Steinfeld (Academy Award nominee, "True Grit"), Kaitlin Doubleday ("Catch Me If You Can"), Jackson Rathbone ("Twilight" franchise), J.K. Simmons (Academy Award winner, "Whiplash"), and James Van Der Beek ("Dawson's Creek"). The film was adapted by Academy Award winner ("Juno") Diablo Cody and directed by Jon Poll ("Charlie Bartlett").
Hosting is easy!
And we are here to help you every step of the way. Please feel free to email us anytime.
Ginger DeShaney, Membership & Support Coordinator, email@example.com
Shawney Lamm, Event and Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Find a location, set a date and time. Check out the local movie theater, high school or college
auditoriums, library meeting rooms, VFW halls, hospital classrooms/meeting rooms. Shawney (email@example.com) can help by calling places, negotiating fees, etc.
2) Promote your event! Ginger (firstname.lastname@example.org) will create a flyer for you to use to help get the word out. MitoAction will also send out emails and post on social media.
3) Ginger will send you a package of materials to have on hand at the event, including a bracelet craft, Mito materials, tattoos, and more!
4) Secure helpers for the day of the event.
5) Set up the site and enjoy the day!
6) Send the sign-in sheet and the DVD back to MitoAction.
It was Rina's hope that her film would raise awareness about mitochondrial disease. That is our hope, too. With your help, we can spread the word about Mito!
Our gratitude goes to Courtagen Life Sciences for their support of our Magic Bracelet events!