Together, we’re changing day to day lives through education, support and advocacy. Raising funds and awareness are a crucial part of this effort. Many7 people want to help but don’t know where to begin. You can make a difference and at MitoAction, we’re behind you every step of the way.
There are many ways that you can get involved and take action!
- Satellite Event or 5K – A terrific way to bring your community together while having fun and spreading awareness
- Join Team MitoAction – Turn your 5k, marathon or Triathalon into a fundraiser. Host or participate in an event of your choice while raising funds and awareness for the fight against mitochondrial disease. Members of Team MitoAction has run the Boston Marathon, the Falmouth Road Race and more!
- Tournaments – Make a difference and have fun by hosting a sporting tournament such as hockey, dodgeball or soccer. Spread awareness further than your town by getting local school involved too.
- Restaurant Night – Many restaurants offer “charity nights” in which they will donate a percentage of all sales on a specific date to your charity!
- Garage or Yard Sales – Everyone has things they want to get rid of. This is an easy way to help friends, family and your neighbors do a little spring cleaning to benefit our mito families.
- “A-Thons” – Walk, run, bowl, climb whatever your interests may be can create a fun opportunity to raise awareness for mitochondrial disease
- Bake or candy sale – Everyone loves a good treat. Why not sell these goodies to support our mito community.
- Direct Sales Home Party – Companies like The Pampered Chef, Longaberger Baskets and Thirty One are always eager to help you host a party at your home, with a percentage of sales donated to charity.
- Car Wash – This is a really fun way to raise money and get the kids involved!
- Birthday & Holiday Fundraiser – Encourage friends and family to donate to MitoAction in lieu of gifts for your birthday, holidays or other special occasion.
- Golf Tournament – Do you have friends or colleagues who love to hit the links? Organize an afternoon of golf and you can even include a raffle or silent auction.