Learn more about exercise and physical therapy options for mitochondrial disease patients. Children and adults with Mito face a tough dilemma – we hear exercise may be helpful for those with mitochondrial disease, but exercise can be painful or downright impossible due to fatigue, muscle weakness, and other symptoms.
Join us with physical therapist Kim Serra to learn more. Kim has worked with mitochondrial disease patients and will share her perspective on this issue, including:
- How do you create a therapy or exercise plan when there is so much variability in daily function?
- How can I tell if physical therapy or exercise is safe and appropriate for me or my child?
- What are the goals of physical therapy and exercise for mitochondrial disease patients?
- What should we do about pain and fatigue related to exercise and therapy?
- What are some resources that my physical therapist can use to help develop an appropriate plan?