MitoAction’s mission is to improve the quality of life for children, adults, and families living with mitochondrial disease through support, education, outreach, advocacy, clinical research initiatives and by granting wishes for children affected by mitochondrial disease.
To do this, MitoAction’s goals include:
- To improve quality of life for adults and children affected by mitochondrial disease.
- To internationally raise awareness about mitochondrial disorders, and their relationship to other diseases.
- To provide specific and practical materials that help patients to manage their symptoms
- To aggregate and connect the international mitochondrial disease community
- To engage pharmaceutical industry working toward therapeutic approaches to mitochondrial disorders.
- To create tools which empower patients and caregivers to be advocates for themselves or their children.
- To create unique experiential opportunities for adults and children affected by mitochondrial disease.
We strive to offer comprehensive, up-to-date, expert resources, information, and support at no cost to any patient, family, clinician, educator, or member of the community.
We continue to seek multiple ways to offer information such that the resources are accessible and user-friendly for people of all abilities.
We foster relationships with the scientific, academic, research and business community in order to create sustainable support for the mission of MitoAction.