It’s that time of year … summer comes to a close and children everywhere are going back to school! While a relief for some families, going back to school can be stressful for parents of children with Related to the mitochondria. disease.
Does my child’s team know what to do?
Do they understand my child’s needs?
Will they listen to me and follow the recommendations we have discussed?
How do I communicate so much information to teachers, school nurses, therapists, etc.? What did I forget to do – or what am I supposed to do?
Join us with guest speakers Annette Hines, JD of Special Needs Law Group of Massachusetts and Cristy Balcells, MitoAction’s Executive Director to discuss their “Back to School Checklist”.
- Do I need to update or establish a health care plan?
- How do I explain Mito to teachers, nurses and staff?
- What are the most important messages to share with my child’s team?
- Is a school team meeting necessary every year?
- How can I set my child up for success from the beginning?
- How can I serve as the best advocate for my child?