Kids with Mito are complex. Navigating the educational system is also complex. Often parents are wonderful advocates but don’t know or understand the law. How can parents help their kids get the most out of their school experience?
We will tackle these questions and address the myths and obstacles in our interactive and informative discussion.
Sound too familiar?
- My child’s teachers just don’t get it.
- Why have an IEP vs. a 504?
- What is OHI and why is it important for kids with Mito?
- What are some real-life examples of accomodations and modifications for my child?
- What am I allowed to ask for? What are our rights?
- Do I need to pay for outside evaluations in order to get services for my child?
- The school told me they don’t accept that diagnosis.
- The school wants to help but they say they just don’t have the resources to offer therapies for my child.
- Maybe homeschooling is the best option….