MitoAction's mission is to improve quality of life for all who are affected by mitochondrial disorders through support, education and advocacy initiatives.
To do this, MitoAction's goals include:
- To improve quality of life for adults and children affected by mitochondrial disease.
- To internationally raise awareness about mitochondrial disorders, and their relationship to other diseases.
- To provide specific and practical materials that help patients to manage their symptoms
- To aggregate and connect the international mitochondrial disease community
- To engage pharmaceutical industry working toward therapeutic approaches to mitochondrial disorders.
- To create tools which empower patients and caregivers to be advocates for themselves or their children.
All are welcome and encouraged to join MitoAction. Membership is FREE.
We strive to offer comprehensive, up-to-date, expert resources, information and support at no cost to any patient, family, clinician, educator, or member of the community.
We continue to seek multiple ways to offer information such that the resources are accessible and user-friendly for people of all abilities.
We foster relationships with the scientific, academic, research and business community in order to create sustainable support for the mission of MitoAction.
MitoAction's vision is to create a community of support that reaches every child, adult, and caregiver affected by a mitochondrial disease.
Effective awareness and advocacy will guarantee that every patient has access to specialized care and a network of support and information that improves the journey for every individual affected.