Virtual Mito Patient & Family Socials
Our virtual MitoSocials help connect families with other mito families in their local communities. These low-key, relaxed gatherings allow mito families to meet each other, share stories, give and get support, and realize they’re not alone on this journey. We want to help you get support closer to home, and are hopeful that a MitoSocial will offer just that.
Would you like to host a MitoSocial?
It’s easy! Here’s what the host will do:
- Secure space for the Social, such as a hospital, church basement, community center, or school and choose a date.
- Buy snacks and beverages for the event using a stipend from MitoAction.
- Take care of the day-of setup and cleanup.
- Send MitoAction photos of your Social, your sign-in sheet, and your receipts.
Here’s what MitoAction will do:
- Send email invitations to mito patients and families in your area.
- Manage the RSVPs.
- Provide a stipend for snacks and beverages.
- Provide sign-in sheets, name tags, and mito materials to have available at your event.
- Post photos and a write-up of your Social on our Facebook page.